3UZ-FE Conversion Wire Harness
It is important to read full product description before ordering:
The 3UZ 4.3L fuel injection system is entirely different from that of the older Toyotas. This means the 3UZ electronics and circuit will have to be installed in your older vehicle in order to make this engine swap possible. The NWT 3UZ Conversion Wiring Harness will provide the donor vehicle engine and transmission control circuits in your older vehicle for use with the new Toyota engine computer and components.
From the factory, there are 2 primary parts of the OEM 3UZ fuel injection wiring circuit. The first is the engine wiring harness. This is the harness that is primarily attached to the engine. This is sometimes called the injector harness. This harness connects the engine components such as the fuel injectors, ignition coils, air flow meter, etc. to the engine computer (ECU) and the body harness.
The second part of the 3UZ electronic fuel injection circuit is built into the body wiring, along with the rest of the vehicle’s circuits. The body wiring includes the “under-dash” harness, the engine-bay harness (including fuse box), and even the wiring to the rear. About 40% of the 3UZ fuel injection’s wiring circuit is contained in this harness.
We offer our 3UZ Conversion wiring in a complete engine wire harness only.
- Our 3UZ Conversion Engine Wire Harness completely replaces the engine wire harness while also providing the portion of donor engine circuit originally in the body wiring. This harness houses 100% of the 3UZ engine circuit in one all-new piece. It is intended for situations when the donor engine wiring is missing, cut or in poor condition. It also works well for JDM import engines since the JDM engine wiring is hard to use in a LHD application.
We also accommodate 2 main recipient vehicle types:
- Our 22R-E/3VZ-E Vehicle option is for ’85-’95 Truck/4Runner and ’93-’94 T100 vehicles that originally had the 3.0L 3VZ-E engine or the fuel injected 22R-E. This version requires that the original body wiring and fuse box is still in place and will plug directly into the body wiring for a simple install. Very little splicing is required to install this version; it is nearly 100% plug-and-play. The original wiring in your older Toyota will not have to be torn apart, and this version will accommodate your OEM gauges (tachometer will require some additional work during the install), speed sensor, reverse lights, 4×4 system and 4×4 indicator lamp.
- Our Stand-Alone version is designed for virtually any other vehicle. It works well with carbureted vehicles, other makes, and some race/custom vehicles. This version requires that the vehicle has at least a basic electrical system already in place. This basic system must include: start and ignition switch, charging, fuse/battery and gauge circuits. This will connect to the recipient vehicle through a few simple splices. Note that the Stand-Alone version includes a fuel pump power/control circuit.
We offer 2 options regarding the transmission:
- Manual Transmission: Use this option when using a manual transmission. This includes a case where the donor or recipient vehicle was originally auto and the engine setup will now be manual.
- Automatic Transmission: Use this option when using a Toyota automatic transmission. This includes a case where the recipient was originally manual but is now being converted to an automatic transmission. Like the engine circuit, the transmission control circuit was originally split between the body and engine wiring. The adapter format will include the portion of the transmission control circuit originally placed in the body wiring and the Engine Wire Harness format will include all-new transmission connections.
This product is built per order, please allow 8-10 weeks for order completion. This time can vary by season, if completion time is crucial, please contact NWT before ordering.
Notice when ordering: Please include the following information in the “Order Notes” when placing your order.
From Donor Vehicle:
- VIN, only if 100% certain of engine origin, OR part numbers requested below
- Toyota ECU part number (8966x-xxxxx)
- Model Year
- 4WD or 2WD
- Manual or Automatic Transmission
- Will EGR system be used or deleted?
From Your Vehicle:
- For 3VZ-E/22R-E type: VIN - please send photo of VIN tag for 1990 and older models
- RH Drive or LH Drive
- Year Model
- Original Engine
- Manual or Automatic Transmission (originally)
- Indicate specific transmission to be used in conversion
- Shifter to be used (for A/T models)
- 4WD or 2WD
- If 4×4, indicate transfer case application, original to transmission or changed
- Front suspension type (original or modified)
- For 89-95 Truck, 90-95 4Runner, Indicate if ADD (Auto-Hub) system is in use
- Swapped battery location
- OEM (original-type) tachometer in use?
- Cruise Control in use?
- Oil pressure gauge or light in use?
- For Stand-Alone: fuel pump type and location
- For Stand-Alone: ECU Location
- For Stand-Alone: speedometer type